Acura starting problem

Vehicle is a 1990 Acura Integra GS 4 speed.
Problem is in the morning when I go to start it all I get is a click,it doesn't turn over,I turn the key back sometimes once sometimes
three times then it starts.The rest of the day it runs fine and starts right up.It seems to do it only after its been sitting overnight.
I replaced the battery about a month ago and load tested it and it appears fine.It had the same symptoms before the battery replacement.
Any help/tips to look for would be appreciated.
Add pictures here
âś–
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in 3217.bay.webtv.net:

Clean the thick cable from the + terminal of the battery to the starter (both ends!). Sand both the cable's ends and the battery post. Also sand the negative cable and its post.
Finally, make sure the engine's ground cable is still attached and is cleanly connected. This runs from a valve cover nut to the rad support, on the driver's side of the rad. It has a tendency to come apart from vibration.
When you crank, does the dome light dim to nothing?
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–

Don't forget the starter solenoid contacts. He hears the click of the solenoid,but no real electrical contact is made,thus no cranking.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

The contacts are not a problem with the '90's Mitsuba starter. Later Hondas with Denso starters are prone to the contact problem. But then you never really know at this age, do you? OP should add that to his list if other stuff checks out OK.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
Cleaned the wires and the ground from the motor appears to be good.
Dome light dims very little,all dash gauges are bright.
Solenoid clicks,but no turnover,it was doing it only in the morning,now its happening more often.
Any tricks involved in removing and replacing the starter on one of these?
Add pictures here
âś–
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in

What's the battery's state-of-charge?
To check: 1) Turn headlights on for five minutes 2) Turn headlights off and wait five minutes 3) Check voltage across battery terminals.
Report results along with ambient air temperature at tinme of testing.
*If* you get correct voltage and all connections are bright, then starter is probably bad. Is it original?
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–

Great point! If the charging system isn't keeping the new battery fully charged (or if the battery is draining a bit overnight) these symptoms make sense.
Mike
Add pictures here
âś–
Checked the battery and it is good replaced it about 2months ago,had a friend who is a tech put a load tester on it monday.Lights are bright etc. Replaced the alternator about 4 years ago.
My mom bought it new in 89,original almost everything including the starter,car has about 177xxx miles on it and has never really given me much trouble outside of the ign. switch replacement and the module that seems they all go through that was replaced about two years ago.I use it to haul/chase parts everyday.Best car I ever owned.If it was anything else I would probably junk it.
I am leaning towards replacing the starter because it appears that everything else is okay,and the years and miles on it.But am open to any suggestions.Any tips/tricks on getting the bolt on the back of the starter loose?
Thanks for the input.
Add pictures here
âś–
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Sounds like it might be a failing starter solenoid or possibly poor contact somewhere. Start by removing and cleaning all of the connections at the battery and at the started solenoid.
Another possibility is a weak starter motor.
John
Add pictures here
âś–