Acura TL 2002 problem

I have strange problem with my 2002 TL and before I will go to the dealer I would like to get opinion from this news group. I was driving one day and
presses breaks car stopped. After released brakes car didn't move. I accelerated and I could see rmps went up but nothing happened. I switched to parking and back to D5. After everything went to normal. It happened twice. I just had 30K service and all latest recalls were installed. They inspected transmission and didn't find any abnormalities. Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions. -Bob
After inspection dealer replacing transmission. That was my first and lat Acura.

Uhhh, you're getting a FREE transmission, right?!? What's the problem? If they were charging you'd I'd say I'd never buy one again but every vehicle has some defect somewhere, and many dealerships tell you too bad. They're making good, if I were you I'd be sticking with Acura for that very reason, it's not particularly commonplace.
Bob wrote:

Right after dealer replaced first transmission I had to open windows because of the smoke coming from vent. I brought my car back they looked at it and said that it was defective gasket on the new transmission. Next day I was driving from work and I felt smell of burning oil. Brought car back to the dealer they asked me to leave car in the shop for the day. They called me and said that second ( brand new) transmission was defective and they had to replace it again. Oil was liking on exhaust and burning. They call Acura tech support and reconfirmed that transmission had manufacture defect. I agree that every car has one problem or another but transmission problem can cause serious accident. You can read on Acura forum that people had accidents because of the transmission. Acura is fully aware of the problem and will replace transmission if it breaks but I don't want to wait till it breaks when I am driving 70 miles. Dealer reconfirmed that a lot of cars had the same problem and new transmission will probably have the same defect. Thanks, Bob

Bob wrote:

Fair enough, I wasn't aware of all these issues. I was considering trading my 91 NSX for an 05 TL..... different generation TL, hopefully they've worked out these issues.