Acura TL Prices: Canada vs. United States

Does anyone know why the base price for an TL is so different between the US and Canada?

US: around $33k ($33k / .9 = C$36.7k) Canada: around C$42k

Thanks in advance.

Phil

Reply to
Phil

It was the same thing wiht the RSX - S.

In canada it was like 32 000 Cdn And in the States it worked out to around 26 000 CDN

Reply to
Homer

Possibly some built-in taxes..?

Reply to
Larry in AZ

We get screw the same on Yamaha accessories. There is probably a damn good reason that has nothing to do with gouging.

Reply to
Venture Rider

Then, can't we just cross the border and buy one. Duty is probably close to zero and the tax are the same as in Canada. About $50.00 for a broker. If the dealer want sell then one can buy one we little use. What is wrong with this? Comments please.

John

Reply to
John

Check out the warranty. I don't think Honda Canada will cover a car bought in the US. Then again, I could be wrong.

Reply to
Venture Rider

Reply to
Homer