Acura TL Prices: Canada vs. United States

Does anyone know why the base price for an TL is so different between the US and Canada?
US: around $33k ($33k / .9 = C$36.7k) Canada: around C$42k
Thanks in advance.
Phil
It was the same thing wiht the RSX - S.
In canada it was like 32 000 Cdn And in the States it worked out to around 26 000 CDN

said:

Possibly some built-in taxes..?

"I've come here to enjoy nature. Don't talk to me
On 1 Jun 2006 08:20:23 -0700, Phil said:

We get screw the same on Yamaha accessories. There is probably a damn good reason that has nothing to do with gouging.
--
"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds
that I don't know the answer."

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 17:07:12 -0400, John said:

Check out the warranty. I don't think Honda Canada will cover a car bought in the US. Then again, I could be wrong.
--
"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds
that I don't know the answer."
Acura told me that. There would be no warrenty on the car brought over and supposedly an american car would fail emmisions tests here...which I don't beleive...