"Add-A-Circuit"

Can Littelfuses' "Add-A-Circuit" be used on an EXISTING fuse slot ?

I've planned on adding one to an UNUSED fuse slot that's hot on ACC, and I just found out to my dismay the unused ones are all hot on either Position 1 or cranking.

Reply to
klara

If it is what I am thinking of, yes - it is made to piggyback on an existing slot. We've used them at work when installing 2-way radios. The fuse comes out and is put in one slot of the adapter, while the new circuit is fused in the second slot of the adapter. The fuses lay sideways, on top of adjacent fuses. The adapter has to go the right direction so the power is picked up, and that can limit which slot you can use (you can't use the end one or two). It also blocks access to a couple fuses until it is moved.

Don't use little metal pieces that slip alongside existing fuses - they irreparably stretch out the socket.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee