Adhering to the old severe maintenance schedule with the 2nd gen X's

Except for my wallet, it wouldn't hurt, would it?
I maintained my '03 Pilot by following the "Severe" maintenance schedule since up here in Canada, meaning changing the oil every
6,000KM/3,700 miles, the tranny fluid every 12,000KM/7,500 miles and so forth.
But I feel really uneasy with my X right now by letting the mileage pile up and have it tell me when I should have its scheduled maintenance done.
So, other than to my wallet, there's absolutely no harm by following the old severe maintenance schedule with my '07 X, right?
On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 15:37:44 -0600, liturgy <> wrote:

liturgy <> wrote in

You are to be heartily commended for taking such good care of your vehicle.
If you keep the heap past ten years and keep up your maintenance regimen, your early diligence will really start to pay off.

That makes me uncomfortable too. But that doesn't mean my discomfort necessarily leads me to the most correct conclusions. It may well be that the Maintenance Minder does in fact give you the most effective and least expensive schedule that is possible.

There is absolutely NO harm at all in doing MORE maintenance than they tell you to perform. Go have fun.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Great, great, thanks for your reply, Tegger. You can always be trusted to give straight answers in here and at A.A.H. Thanks again!
Oh, BTW, do you know anything about the DTC 77-1 "Power transmission power system failure" code my Pilot, the same '03 Pilot I've been changing the oil every 6,000KM/3,700miles and the tranny fluid every 12,000KM/7,500miles got on my recent 240,000KM/150,000miles major maintenance got? I posted about it over at alt.autos.honda :-)
Easy Max <> wrote in

I don't know, and that's why I never answered your post.
This may or may not be a known issue with these vehicles. You should check with your dealer to see if there are any TSBs or other documentation that addresses this issue. If not, then you're relying on the experience of the technicians at that dealership.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

OK, will do and thanks again, Tegger!
<Easy Max> wrote in message

I was encouraged by the 150k miles you have on your o3 Pilot since we still have our 03 with right at 80k miles and no problems. Of course, since we live in middle GA the PIlot has never seen cold weather (unless you count 30 degrees in the morning cold) let alone snow. I would guess from your post that the Pilot has been troublefree except for the recent code you received?

Sorry for the late reply and our Pilot's transmission has been troublefree except for the code, so, yes, but I'm sorry I can't say the same about other things, but that's another story.
I vowed never to buy another Honda again, but when my dear wife test drove several SUVs in the MDX market, that's what she chose. But if our MDX turns out to be as troublesome as our Pilot, then I think even she will decide on something else in the future, best test drive experience or not.
Anyway, if I find out anything about the error code, I'll report back here.