Advice Needed: 03Acura CLS transmission oil change

Hello, While getting my oil change from a local garage, it was recommended that I get the transmission oil changed as well at 59700 miles. End result:

$20 oil change $20 oil/ shop parts $90 transmission oil filter ('from the Acura dealer") $110 labor

I suspect over charge here. Can someone tell me if the transmission oil/filter change is reasonable? I called Jiffy lube and transmission flush was only $81. (w/o filter change) I don't know if there is a transmission oil filter. I will find out tomorrow if the tranny oil was flushed or drained.

Thank you,

Joyce

Reply to
jsalpan

I have a 2000 3.2TL and had the transmission fluid changed about a year ago (12/07/04) at my Acura dealer.

I'm not sure if the transmissions are the same, but they are probably very similar. And, there is no transmission filter in mine. I looked in the factory service manual and asked at the dealer.

16.65 for 3 quarts ATF fluid 2.40 for a drain washer 26.40 Labor

-------------------

45.45 Total Parts & Labor

BTW: I also get my engine oil changes there, for 27.73 plus local sales tax. That includes an Acura oil filter, 4.5 quarts of Castrol Syntec oil, and all the misc. charges.

I'd say you were either overcharged, or there was more done than you are aware of.

Oldtimer

Reply to
Oldtimer

There is an external filter on the tranny warmer/cooler line. Not usually replaced tho unless tranny was rebuilt to avoid contaminants.

David Short Acura God

Reply to
Acura God

I had the transmission oil replaced in my '01 TL. They charged me .4 hours of labour plus 3 quarts of oil. Total: $47.38 CAD. No filter listed on the invoice.

Reply to
Venture Rider