Air Conditioning cuts off

'98 Integra, 210K miles, no serious problems.
Recently, the A/C started cutting off intermittently. Usually happens when it's particularly hot (we live in GA, so this happens often right
now) . I've checked the freon charge, and it's showing OK. I think something's causing the clutch to disengage. A friend told me she had a similar problem & the shop siad it was "a sensor" that was shutting the system off. Could be, but I'm not ready (yet) to spend the $$ at the shop to find out
Any suggestions as to what sensor & where, or fault isolation techniques that will work on this system?
Thanks!

You may be best to post this question to the group rec.autos.tech. There are a number of good professional techs in that groups who have knowledge of this sort of thing.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ