air filter change in 2004 TL

I'm trying to change the air filter in my 2004 TL. In order to change the filter, you have to remove the plastic strip in the engine compartment on the driver's side front fender. However, I'm having a hard time removing the plastic strip due to the 2 clips holding on the strip to the fender. Is there an easy way to remove these clips or an easier way to change the filter without removing the plastic strip?

Reply to
acuratl-va

On my 2005 TL, you do not have to remove anything inside the engine compartment, other than the oil filler cap. You simply put the car on ramps or over something that lets you put a catch basin under the drain, and unscrew the oil filter, which is under the right front corner of the engine compartment, easily accessable from under the car.

Paul

Reply to
Ramapo

He's trying to change the AIR filter...

Reply to
Larry in AZ

again...people just DON'T READ any more

Reply to
hberry

I installed a K & N Air Filter and only had to remove the screws securing the air filter box. Nothing to it.

Reply to
Jeff M.