Air filter change on 1995 Acura Integra

Hi,
I had a question on air filter change on a 95 Acura Integra LS. (non VTEC). There is a coiled clip that hold the air intake hose tight over the airfilter. Do I need to unhook this to change the air filter? And
will it expand and lose its tension if I unhook and try to rehook? Or do I leave it on and just pull out the air filter out of the air intake hose and put the new one in?
Thanks, Venugopal
My 94 Integra has the same thing. The clip isn't very strong, so you can pull the hose right off the air cleaner box. On my car, that hose attaches directly to the air filter itself, so it has to come off anyway to replace the filter.
-BBB