Air from outside

Hey guys, Iím getting smoke and all kinds of smells from the road, Iíve replaced the A/C dash unit (the buttons) thinking that my old one was the problems, not sending any response to the unit that closes the
outside vents, any idea how i can fix this, preferable permanent, i donít need air coming from the outside AT ALL, so if someone wants to let me know what do i have to do to JBWeld them puppies, Iím open to suggestions, or if someone has a fix even better.
Thanks in advance.
‚úĖ

Don't know about the Acura specifically, but HVAC systems are typically engineered to mix a certain amount of outside air under all conditions. IIRC the ratio is around 15 to 30% fresh air for buildings, while auto A/C systems may go as low as 5%. There is a real risk of asphyxiation if there is no fresh air added, even with just one human in a sealed car.
But how about - some vent hoods over ranges don't vent to the outside, but recirculate room air through flat activated charcoal filters. Maybe you can find a way to plumb one of those into the outside air intake. For the location and "what a dumb idea" responses I'll defer to the people familiar with your... what model/year is that?
Mike
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
"michaeltnull" wrote:
> > > Hey guys, I'm getting smoke and all kinds of smells from the > road, > > I've replaced the A/C dash unit (the buttons) thinking that > my old one > > was the problems, not sending any response to the unit that > closes the > > outside vents, any idea how i can fix this, preferable > permanent, i > > don't need air coming from the outside AT ALL, so if someone > wants to > > let me know what do i have to do to JBWeld them puppies, I'm > open to > > suggestions, or if someone has a fix even better. > > > > Thanks in advance. > > > Don't know about the Acura specifically, but HVAC systems are > typically > engineered to mix a certain amount of outside air under all > conditions. IIRC > the ratio is around 15 to 30% fresh air for buildings, while > auto A/C > systems may go as low as 5%. There is a real risk of > asphyxiation if there > is no fresh air added, even with just one human in a sealed > car. > > But how about - some vent hoods over ranges don't vent to the > outside, but > recirculate room air through flat activated charcoal filters. > Maybe you can > find a way to plumb one of those into the outside air intake. > For the > location and "what a dumb idea" responses I'll defer to the > people familiar > with your... what model/year is that? > > Mike
my bad ... i forgot to put my car make and model .... sorry guys it was late when i posted ... iíve got a 1990 Acura Integra GS
‚úĖ