anaerobic sealant for end camshaft caps

Haynes manual says to use anaerobic sealant on the cylinder head contact surfaces. I've only checked one local parts store and they don't carry it.
This seems to be one version: http://www.permatex.com/products/prodidx.asp?automotive=yes&f_call=get_item&item_noQ531 or this: http://www.permatex.com/products/prodidx.asp?automotive=yes&f_call=get_item&item_noQ845
Can I just use thread sealant (or something else I might already have) or do I have to find the right stuff?
Thanks.
--Art
Add pictures here
âś–

You mean for the sharp points of the cam cover gasket?
Any oxygen sensor-safe silicone will do.
Permatex Ultra Grey is sold everywhere and does just fine.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–

Not there (I do have RTV for that). They are referring to the contact between the first and last bearing caps with the head (camshafts and caps had been removed). I suppose it has to be something that will squeeze out so that the clearance of the cap with the cam isn't affected and yet still cure to make an oil and vacuum leak proof seal with the outside.
Thanks. '91 Integra LS --Art
Add pictures here
âś–

Permatex Ultra Grey is good there, too. Just put it on very thinly, and make sure it doesn't squeeze into the cam journal.
That's all I've got in that location as well. I have to replace the exhaust cam's rubber plug once in a while, so I've done that before.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–

Thanks. I've had a bad leak at the plug for a while. I'm doing the timing belt and the head gasket set replacement (190k mi). What a pain... Better last a while longer.
--Art
Add pictures here
âś–