Anyone have an idea how to remove a broken wheel lock nut?

Without using torches?

Without using torches?
| Without using torches?
I had that problem a few years ago. All the suggestions I heard involved possible damage to the wheel and/or lug. In the end I brought it to my local Acura dealer where they cleanly removed the damn broken nut for $35
Vice grips? MZ

Yes - drive a 6 point socket on it (one that almost fits but is one size too small to fit over it). If you have chosen the right size it will be peeling the metal back as it goes on, so watch your fingers. Remove the lock as though removing a regular lug nut. The two will be tightly jammed together and you will need a vise and a drift or punch to drive the lock out of the socket.
I've only done it once, but it worked the first time. Needless to say, it can't be done with a cheap socket.
Mike
I would try something like a Dremel with a cutting wheel. Just cut a groove on two sides opposite from each other as close as possible without touching the stud and then jamb a screwdriver in the slot. It should break off without damaging the stud.

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 19:20:22 -0700, Bryan said:

Drill a hole in the middle and use an extrator?
--
"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds
that I don't know the answer."

A friend once got stuck in BFE with a flat and no "key" to the wheel lock of his new used car. They were able to get it off by hammering a just slightly too small socket onto the nut.
I back the removal method using an undersized socket driven over the nut. I lost the special key for lock nuts and removed the entire set using this method. Ron