Anyone have experience reducing noise levels inside a TSX?

I like my '06 TSX a great deal, but the level of tire noise on long highway journeys is very tiring, especially with Interstate 5 up and down the western coast. 500-1500 mile trips are something I end up doing at least a few times per year.

Honda/Acura in general does not seem to control transmitted noise into the cabin as well as some other makers do (we own an '03 Accord as well). I have tried several different tire lines on our Accord and none have made a big difference in noise levels. The TSX still has it's factory Michelins which are in good shape with plenty of remaining tread life.

Has anyone tried having aftermarket undercoating applied, and if so does it significantly improve noise levels?

How about this QuietCar polymer technology?

John

Reply to
John Horner

I've heard of people installing all sorts of quieting panels behind the various door panels, floor panels, etc. Look on clubrsx.com for several threads about this and links to products. It's a lot of work, but supposedly it makes a big difference.

Reply to
Yoda

snip

I've heard the best sound insulation work is done by auto sound system installers. They can install very effective mats in order to produce an interior that shows off their expensive speaker systems. You'd be surprised how much attention they pay to the trunk and door panels and how much this work will cost.

You can try rotating the tires and playing with tire pressure to reduce the noise. Most tires get noisier with age so you might want to buy a new set.

has user ratings for tire noise. Read the customer reviews to see if any Honda car owners report a substantially quieter interior.

Frankly, I gave up and bought a Toyota vehicle for long trips.

Reply to
ACAR

Try Dynamat. They make products that go on firewalls, inside doors, under carpets and under the hood. Used in auto sound installations for years.

I. Care