auto to standered

i wanna change my auto tranny to a standered is there anythig i need to know if its going to work?????

Add pictures here
âś–

Lots and lots of work. Tons of work.
You have to change the center console and shifter assembly, the engine mounts, the entire engine wiring harness, plus the ECU. It's not worth it, frankly.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–

Lots of work, not tons. I am in the process of completing the job at a cost of $800.00 canadian. I bought a full car which was a standard to ensure I had all the parts.
Add pictures here
âś–

How long did it take you?
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
I did not complete the job, rather paid someone to do it. A full days work at a cost of $800 canadian. Again, I had another full car to remove the part from.

Add pictures here
âś–

I was wondering how it was coming along. Can you fill us in on what has been done and what remains?
Add pictures here
âś–

Why? Buying a manual tranny version of what you're looking for is cheaper and easier than doing what you're thinking about, at least in most cases.
Add pictures here
âś–
do u know were i can get a cheap acura integra 90-93???????mannul..
Add pictures here
âś–

Auto Trader.
www.autotrader.com
In Canada: www.autotrader.ca
Specifically, what are "u" looking "4"?
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–

cars.com
Just about any car of that vintage is going to be cheap, unless it's been sitting in a garage, and even then, it's just an integra, so it's not going to cost an arm and a leg.
Add pictures here
âś–
Yes I have one, but unfortunately I'm in canada.

Add pictures here
âś–

"Devil's Advocate" recently posted in alt.autos.honda that he intended to do the same change in an Accord, even though we were not encouraging it. See the thread "Changing Automatic to Standard in Honda Accord" there for more info. Since the OP was determined to go through with it, he may have more info.
No doubt about it, though: it would be an ambitious job that could be strewn with gotchas.
Mike
Add pictures here
âś–
so would it work??????
Add pictures here
âś–

No.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
y not ????
Add pictures here
âś–

Check the start of this thread. Your question was answered a week ago.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–

Here's an idea. Call up a transmission shop, and ask them if they would be willing to do something like this. Depending on how busy/crazy they are, they might say yes, but will probably say no. Then ask how much it would cost to do it if it were possible, and if they'd guarantee the work. Take the absurd figure they give you, and compare that to the cost of a manual 90-91 integra on a used car lot. Then take the figure they gave you, and if you still want to go ahead with this, add on the prices of the tools you'll need, and alternative transportation while you try to sort out the inevitable problems you run into trying to jury rig this thing, etc. And there'll be no guarantee it'll work in the end. 90-91 integras typically sell for about 2500$ US these days, plus or minus a bit for condition. That's not a lot - is this project worth it? If it's a hobby type project, and it's not your regular ride, then why not? Just go for it. But if this is your main car, and you just want a manual because you made a bad choice when you got the thing, then I'd say suck it up and move on. Live with the automatic until you can afford a car with a manual.
Add pictures here
âś–
i went to a shop and they told me $1100 is that to much or a good deal?
Add pictures here
âś–

Got a breakdown of the costs?