AWD TL

Does anyone know if there are any plans in the near future for an all wheel drive TL? I love my 03 TL but I currently own three vehicles because I live at the bottom of a very steep and unpaved road that you cannot get up in winter without all wheel drive. aagh!!

Reply to
Ant & Pat

Honda needs to build just such a vehicle and put Audi into the dust bins with it :).

John

Reply to
John Horner

Nothing definite but since ALL the TL's competitors (Lexus, Infiniti, BMW, Audi) offer AWD I'd be surprised if the next TL didn't offer Honda's SH-AWD. Note that the new RDX offers SH-AWD and it is built in the same factory as the Accord/TL.

On the other hand, the 2007 Infiniti G35x may be an overall better car than the Accord-based TL. (But I'm not a big fan of the current G35's interior.)

Given its very poor sales, you might want to ask your Acura dealer about the RL (all RLs come with SH-AWD). They can't sell them at anything near MSRP so it may be worth your time to see how anxious they are to move one. I suspect they may have some very lightly used RLs at heavily discounted prices at the larger Acura stores. If not, there's the Infiniti Mx or Lexus GS300 AWD.

Reply to
ACAR