Back lights on at all times...

I have an Acura Legend LS 4 door 1991, and starting today when I went outside, the read lights including the one on the back windows are on - even
when the car is off. I now have to disconnect the battery just to ensure it does not drain. I also noticed that when I hit my brakes, it does not light all of the lights up (as normal) - rear blinkers work though. Can anyone recommend on a solution or what I can do? Input kindly appreciated, thank you.
Add pictures here
âś–

The brake light switch stopper has broken off or fallen off.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–

Could you tell me whre that is located on the car and where to find the part? Inexpensive I hope. I hope you are right - thanks.
Add pictures here
âś–

The part should be very inexpensive.
If you get under the dash and look at the very top of the brake pedal, you'll see the cylindrical switch and its wire. There should be a plastic "coin" between the pedal and the switch. Sometimes the coin is still there, but it's split. A new one just pops in.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
Does this mean I ned to replace the brake light switch? I just called a local auto parts place and they indicated in that case I need to replace the brake light switch under the dash?
Thank you.

Add pictures here
âś–

Jim Yanik
jyanik
âś–

Why don't you just have a look under there yourself? The matter will become abundantly clear once you see the parts in question.
The stopper is quite separate from the switch.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–

Had this happen to me ~ 2 yrs ago Drove me nuts for a minute! Tegger/Yanik are right
Add pictures here
âś–
"rastapasta" <rastapastry at msn dot com> wrote in

yes,that plastic button on the brake pedal arm crumbled and just looking at the switch I couldn't tell there was supposed to be something there,thought the brake switch was bad. The button is only $6.It holds the switch in and keeps the lights off when no foot is on the pedal.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik