Bests place to replace flywheel in 604

Hi all,

My 92 Teg has been generating weird rattling/hallow/vibration when I try to accelerate for quite some time now. Finally decided to take it to Canadian Tire and it took them 2 days to pin point the cause. It's gonna cost about $800 to get the flywheel replaced. They said that it's probably cracked and some pieces of the flywheel probably chipped off causing the rattling/vibration when accelerating. Does anyone know of other places in Vancouver/Lower Mainland who would replace the flywheel for a cheaper price?

Thanx in advance.

Reply to
Hootie

---------------------------------

Hootie, did you ever get anywhere with your (very odd and rare?) problem?

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

------------------------------------

P.S. It sounds like the description of the (very common) heat shield on the catalytic converter rattle. You fix it with a $5 stainless steel tubing clamp, like the kind they use on your toilet downpipe.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

"Hootie" wrote in news:DQ9Ng.530024$iF6.496909@pd7tw2no:

Why don't you get a second opinion? I wonder about this diagnosis.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

I have to agree; I've never heard of that happening.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

It was the mention of CANADIAN TIRE that made the red flag go up. They couldn't diagnose their way out of a paper bag. Take your vehicle and RUN ! ! !

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Actually, Canadian Tire couldn't diagnose a flat tire on a sunny day ! ! :-(

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_