Brakes

I have a 2003 TL I bought brand new...It has 51,600 miles...When do I need to replace my brakes? The manual doesn't tell you when, just says check them

Reply to
apdicenzo

When they start making noise is a good bet. There are little metal doodads that are attached to the pads that will scrape against the side of the rotor when it's time to replace them. My experience has been that there's enough pad left when they start sraping for a few hundred miles more - they're pretty conservatively designed.

When you do your 50k service they'll check them.

BTW, at 50k, I've replaced both the front and rear pads on my rsx already.

Reply to
Yoda

"apdicenzo" wrote in news:dsTJh.1100$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe13.lga:

That's because brake life is very heavily dependent on driving habits and conditions, as well as the weather in your area. Nobody can predict brake life.

Surely, you have been taking it in for servicing as outlined in the Owner's Manual?

Reply to
Tegger

Or heaven forbid, they actually take the car tire off and look for themselves. This is the quickest and cheapest way to find out if you need new ones.

Reply to
Nick