Can a 2000 MDX use E85?

I was curious, is a 2000 MDX considered a 'flexible fuel vehicle" that can use E85 (a blend of 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline)? I haven't seen any information to indicate that it is, but A lot of
newer cars are able to and I just wondered if this model, or any Acuras for that matter, can use E85.

Doesn't the drivers manual tell you?
RTFM.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I think the OP doesn't own an MDX, but may be researching a purchase. (The question about "any Acuras" makes me think that - I'm sure he doesn't have manuals for all Acuras.)
Mike
On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 22:34:11 -0700, "Michael Pardee"

Exactly. Geez, some people are just innately jerks I guess. It would suck to be his neighbour. I suspect that you don't know either,but thanks for the show of support, though :) Cheers, Big

My apologies,most people tend to ask questions even though the info is right at hand.
I suspect any OBD-1 or -II EFI system would handle E85,as they measure the O2 content of the exhaust and correct for errors,and ethanol is not corrosive like methanol is,so it would not harm the vehicle's plumbing. MPG would drop due to the lower energy content of alcohol.
Maybe a visit to a dealer's showroom might turn up a manual in the glovebox.
Does Acura have online owner's manuals?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Think twice, type once.

I think he'd rather see something in print from Acura/Honda,as the knowledge at dealerships is variable.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

From American Honda's OwnerLink page: http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/Maintenance/maint_faqs.asp
Under the category "Some gas stations in our area sell oxygenated fuels or fuels that contain other additives. What's Acura's position on these fuels?"
"Fuels that exceed the EPA's approved oxygenate percentages for conventional and reformulated gasolines must be clearly labeled on the pump. One example of such a fuel is "E85," which contains 85% ethanol. Do not use such fuels in your vehicle. These fuels will cause performance problems, and may damage your vehicle's engine, fuel system, and emission control system. This damage would not be covered under warranty."
So the answer is NO. E85 is NOT suitable for Hondas.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

I had thought E85 was 85% gasoline and 15% ethanol,but it IS exactly the opposite. http://www.eere.energy.gov/cleancities/vbg/consumers/e85.shtml