Car Will Not Stay on...unless key is held on start

My car will not start. This happened for the first time last night, and today the car was spotty earlier, and now will not turn on at all. I did manage to get it home by holding the key in the start position.
Whenever the key would bouce back to the running position, the car turns off. When the key is in the start position, the engine will stay on even shift, but its hard to drive a manual and hold that key down. Anyone have any guesses here?
✖

We need more info (model, year, miles) except on Psychic Wednesday.
Wild-a** guess: ignition switch, which was known to be a problem on certain models in certain years.
Mike
Add pictures here
✖
Sorry about that. Not sure why I didn’t mention it in the first place. Its a 95 Acura Integra with 158,000 miles on it.
"Michael Pardee" wrote:
> > > My car will not start. This happened for the first time > last night, > > and today the car was spotty earlier, and now will not turn > on at all. > > I did manage to get it home by holding the key in the start > position. > > Whenever the key would bouce back to the running position, > the car > > turns off. When the key is in the start position, the > engine will > > stay on even shift, but its hard to drive a manual and hold > that key > > down. Anyone have any guesses here? > > > > > We need more info (model, year, miles) except on Psychic > Wednesday. > > Wild-a** guess: ignition switch, which was known to be a > problem on certain > models in certain years. > > Mike
✖

I'd do two things; first,replace the ignition switch. 2nd;replace or resolder the main relay under the dash on the driver's side. (it's overdue anyways.)
see www.tegger.com look for main relay.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Either the ignition switch or the Main Relay is bad.
Do not drive the car in this manner. You WILL destroy the starter!
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
✖
barcan01 wrote:

Typically this is caused by a failed series resistor to the coil, at least if your car is so equipped.
Add pictures here
✖