Cd player in 99 tl

Anyone have any idea why my 99 tl's factory radio will not play 80 minute cdr's? I put the disk in and I can hear it trying to read the disks, but
it ejects after about 20 seconds. 72 minute disks play fine. Is their a setting on my software that I need to select (I'm using Ahead's Nero 5) thanks Mike Allen
bluez wrote:

Those cd players are bad with burned CD's in general. I find that some batches of blank CD's work much better than others. I have had batches of 80minute cd's that are more or less unusable in the cd player of my TL. I found that personally the novelty blank disks that are completely black work the best in this player. If you see them, pick up a small package and test it out. I have been using the memorex black disks and they work the best for me. http://www.memorex.com/html/products_detail.php?section=1&SID=1&PID#&FID=3&opento=2 http://www.memorex.com/html/products_detail.php?section=1&SID=1&PID%&FID=3&opento=2
Also I notice that the problem of reading CD-R's is worst near the end of the disk. Especially those disks that have tons of small tracks near the end with a hidden track as something like track 50-99. On top of this when it's cold and you first start the car is when the player performs the worst with these CD-r's. My torture test is a sub zero day with a burned disk with many tracks.
--
WARNING! Email address has been altered for spam resistance.