Check engine light on

Except the cat. converter, I just replaced the converter a few months ago, what else can cause the check engine light on again?

Reply to
大漢民族

=A4j=BA~=A5=C1=B1=DA =B4=A3=A8=EC:

This is a 1999 Acura TL

Reply to
大漢民族

=?Big5?B?pGq6fqXBsdo=?= wrote in news:SQi%g.5259 $bb.3941@trnddc03:

TWO HUNDRED things can turn the MIL on. Get the code read. It consists of a letter and four numbers. (e.g.: P0300, P0402, P1457, etc)

AutoZone or PartSource will do it for free. Report back here.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Probably O2 Sensor - likely heated it up when the converter was replaced. Just a guess though. Find a place to do OBDII and get the code. MZ

Reply to
MZ

Hundreds of things can turn the light on. You need to read out the error codes to make progress.

John

Reply to
John Horner

=A4j=BA~=A5=C1=B1=DA =B4=A3=A8=EC:

Thanks to all gurus To get a code reading is not that easy, some place charge $50 just for reading, some place like Advanced Auto Parts, it says "Free code reading for customers", when you actually went to the store and require a help, you would find nobody willing to help you. So I let my mechanic fix it, it was EGR problem, so he replaced the EGR system for a total of $180. I am thinking about buying a code reader device, or is there any device that can connect to PC and get the code out? I think the code reader is becoming a popular and necessary device to average people.

Reply to
大漢民族

You can buy an OBC II reader for just over $100. Also, get the manuals my

1999 RL has set intermittent codes before. I have saved enough to pay for the reader and the manuals many time over.

Thanks to all gurus To get a code reading is not that easy, some place charge $50 just for reading, some place like Advanced Auto Parts, it says "Free code reading for customers", when you actually went to the store and require a help, you would find nobody willing to help you. So I let my mechanic fix it, it was EGR problem, so he replaced the EGR system for a total of $180. I am thinking about buying a code reader device, or is there any device that can connect to PC and get the code out? I think the code reader is becoming a popular and necessary device to average people.

Reply to
Tony Barr