Civic and TSX

Does the current Civic and the current TSX share the same platform/ chasis? They look to be similar in dimensions.

I think officially no, but they're very close.
J.

They do not. The TSX is based on the European Accord platform (the small one). The Civic is its own plaftorm.
The dimensional similarity fooled me at first, too.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Not sure I understand the TSX at the price vs a Civic Si sedan. That is, if you consider the TSX a sports sedan. As a former Prelude owner, I was hoping for the European Accord R. But, I suppose the Civic Si sort of fills that bill.

TSX is supposed to compete in the BMW 3 segment. I've never ridden in a TSX, but I presume that it's built more solid and has better components all around than the Civic Si?

No, but the RSX and the civic were/are very similar, and share a lot of parts.
--
I only talk like that in the movies
higgledy wrote:

I think this is sort of a fluke. The TSX is an Accord platform in the small Euro size. The Civic got bigger with the 2007 redesign while the TSX is smaller than a US Accord. Consequently, the Civic and TSX are nearly the same in size.
The difference is mostly appointments, chassis tuning and the like.
The level of an automobile isn't just a matter of size. The Mini is smaller than a Chevy Cobalt but the Mini is a whole lot more automobile.
John