Click/Clunk fixed on our 2006 TSX today

Had a strange noise and vibration in the steering wheel only when applying and releasing the brakes at low (like walking) speeds. Luckily the dealer tech reproduce the problem and agreed it shouldn't be there.
He finally discovered that one of the front sub frame bolts was not properly torqued down. 1/4 turn of his wrench and the problem was fixed.
I have no idea if this is common or not, but wanted to post it in case anyone else has the same issue.
John

You should make sure the alignment is still good. Does the car drift left or right? Dealership should do an alignment to check it anyway.
Things like this make me very leery of spending more than $22-$25K (US) for a car. This kind of crap should not happen.
Nobody wrote:

If it's made in the U.S, it will
SilverStude wrote:

My TSX, like all of them, was built in Japan.

Where is the TSX assembled? I know the CR-V's/RDX's are going to be assembled on US East Coast (Maryland?).
Nobody wrote:

The car still tracks perfectly straight. I am not at all upset about this. Every new car I have ever purchased has had at least one defect or another. To me what matters is how the dealership is about finding and sorting it out. As long as I don't get the BS "they all do that" or "could not reproduce" then I am a happy camper.
A few small problems in the first months of ownership don't bother me. I do get really mad about expensive problems which happen soon after the warranty runs out. My experience with GM and Ford products has not been good in that regard!
John

Yes, there are defects and then there are defects...loose frame is not one that I would want.
Glad that you posted so we all can be on the lookout for it :)

fixed.
left
for
Given what you say, I should be very grateful. My 01 Prelude was flawless, as was my wife's 03 Pilot. an 03 Civic and, so far, with around 3k on a new I4 Accord EX coupe the trend continues. Disappointing when you spend close to 30k for the TSX. Looking back on the 5 yrs and 67k miles on the Prelude, the only repair was at 45k for an ignition module -- a $25.00 fix and a new battery around the same time. The Prelude was made in Saitama.