Damage other than blown fuse ?

hi I'm replacing the headlight
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6449/wiresas6.jpg This wire pair (Balck & Red) (connector removed) powers the HID unit
(Inverter) pictured here:
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/7277/w9027zj2.jpg
I test-plugged to the HID unit.
Unknowingly the wires were in REVERSE position, so HID didn't come on and the fuse (15A) was blown.
Have I done any damage to the car, wires or HID ?
thanks 2004 TSX
klabu wrote:

The HID may be TOASTED, since it's (probably) a transistorized module. You need to own a basic digital multimeter ($25), and practice using it on all kinds of things, to learn its functions (like polarity).
'Curly'
motsco_ wrote:

Actually the HID comes back on after I corrected it

Fortunately, most DC electronics that uses external power usually has some sort of input protection... series blocking diode, shunt clamp diode, or a bridge input configuration. Apparently this has the shunt diode at least.
Mike

You guys may not know this, but the OP has also independently posted this same question to rec.autos.tech (naughty!), and has received some replies there.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
LOL, here you go yet again, Teg
Tegger wrote:

they know, but no one cares xcept *you*

it's all one big happy Interweb <shrug>

So you don't care if the best nuggets of wisdom in a thread remain unknown to you just because you didn't know the thread was active elsewhere?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

No, I don't, I don't even try to care.....I got google ;)
it's the INTERNET, the FACT of the reality is that there is wisdom/stupidity ALL OVER and one just can not even presume to be able to know/get even a tiny %