Door and dome light

My wife drove the RSX yesterday and put it in the garage. When I went out this morning, the drivers side door was standing open and there was no dome
light. I assumed the battery was down, so I took the other car. When I got home from my meeting and put the trickle charger on, it indicated an OK battery. I assumed I didn't have it on correctly, so I put the bigger charger on and left if for a couple of hours. I just went out and it started right up. NOW...the question. When it started, the radio came on...last time the battery went down (someone left the hatch open) I had to re-do the radio code. AND, the clock is right.
Is there something that protects us from our own stupidity and shuts the light off even if the door is open for a while? I know leaving the hatch 'almost' closed did run it down.
I'm baffled.....