Dragging a slap of concrete noise: '91 Integra

My daughter drives this car and has asked me to check out the noise. I did. Last night. I didn't get 20' (driveway) when I stopped and looked under the car for something dragging. Nothing. When you move you hear
it. Not related to braking (what does a sticking caliper sound like?). I told her to take it to Honda ASAP. Maybe tomorrow. I dread her driving it like that. Any clues?

1) Brakes down to the steel. 2) Who knows?
Time for hands-on diagnosis.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

jack up each wheel and turn them,see if the brakes are dragging,check the pads to see if one side is worn much farther than the other.(stuck caliper)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Specifically caused by stuck pads and/or slide pins.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

I'd suggest it's the brake rotor splash guard scraping against the brake rotor. Cheers

Let me refine the sound since I drove the car to an independent shop last night. Sounds like a 737 at 1000ft when you start out, then diminishes rapidly though I can still hear some light rubbing sound thereafter. Will find out soon.

Turns out it was stuck caliper(s).

Thanks for the update, but I have a question: "stuck" specifically...how?
There are many parts that can get "stuck".
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

My daughter may not have recognized the squeak/squeal of brake pads wearing thru. It was metal on metal.