Electric problem

I have 97 Acura RL (I purchased it used at 73,000 - it's a great car, and I have 218,000 miles on it).
We were driving down to the shore a and had a metal key on the console
between the driver's and front passenger's seats. Typically, I keep the cigarette lighter out (so that I can charge my cell phone), and the ashtray door open.
The key slid into the lighter/outlet. At that point, my radio stopeed working. Also, affected were the trunk and cab lights.
I've checked the fuses under the dashboard; all were working fine.
Any other ideas of things I can check?
Thanks for any input.
Rich
Is there a fuse panel under the hood? MZ