Electric problem

I have 97 Acura RL (I purchased it used at 73,000 - it's a great car, and I have 218,000 miles on it).

We were driving down to the shore a and had a metal key on the console between the driver's and front passenger's seats. Typically, I keep the cigarette lighter out (so that I can charge my cell phone), and the ashtray door open.

The key slid into the lighter/outlet. At that point, my radio stopeed working. Also, affected were the trunk and cab lights.

I've checked the fuses under the dashboard; all were working fine.

Any other ideas of things I can check?

Thanks for any input.

Rich

Reply to