ENGINE/HEATER

MY CAR ENGINE IDLES UP & DOWN AND THE HEATER BLOWS OUT COLD ARE I AM NOT SURE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS ANY SUGGESTIONS. I OWN A 1991 ACURA INTEGRA LS 5
SPEED.

Bad thermostat;make SURE you get a ACURA thremostat,the right temp for your car.It's worth the money.I checked out PepBoys generic replacements,and the recommended TS was the wrong temp. My 94 GSR uses a 195degF TS,and the PepBoys one was only 180,so the motor would not warm up to the right temp,and the fan and VTEC would not activate,amd I believe it also affects fuel economy(mileage).
Your earlier Integra may use the 180 degF TS;check to be sure.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik