Engine Mounts

I suspect I have a defective engine mount in my 1999 Acura 3.2 TL. Every now and then it makes a clunking sound when I hit the gas or change from forward to reverse.

Does this sound like a mount problem? Thanks.

John snipped-for-privacy@charter.net

Reply to
JA

"JA" wrote in news:yKGFo.59370$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe07.iad:

It does.

Plus there's a TSB out on the front mount for this vehicle (B06-014). Your car's too old for a free fix, but at least the document does outline what your problem most likely is.

If you have a helper, there's a way of checking to see if the mount is bad.

Reply to
Tegger

Had front mount and pulley end mount changed and OK now. They were really shot. Thanks for help. You're right, no free fix.

Reply to
JA

"JA" wrote in news:NJQPo.16100$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe16.iad:

You're welcome.