Excessive gas consumption

Hello all: I own a 2000 Acura Integra GS-R with 72k miles. Lately I have noticed that its gas consumption is very high. I do not know how many miles per
gallon am I getting, but it seems a lot less than before. I drive about 120 miles per day and I have to fill up every other day. Is this normal? I used to go from Boca Raton to Orlando (200 miles) in just over half a tank! Can I do anything besides check oil, proper tire presure, clean air filter and slow down to save some more gas? What could be wrong with my car? Please let me know if there is anything else I could do?

Start with the obvious things you mention, plus a brief feel of the wheels after highway driving to ensure the brakes aren't dragging (one or more wheels warm). Beyond that, you should find out what your fuel economy really is. Record the starting mileage when you fill your tank and how much gas you have to put in the next few times you fill your tank. Divide the total miles by the total gallons and see what others are getting at - what speed are you driving mostly?
Mike
On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 15:44:19 -0700, Michael Pardee said:

Could bad wheel bearings cause a problem? Although when I had one go bad, it made a lot of noise!
--
"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds
that I don't know the answer."
"Venture Rider" <dontbother> wrote in message

Mike
Thanks guys, I got my work cut out for this weekend.
its also assumed your car has OEM wheels, and OEM brake rotors, OEM air intake, O2 sensor; yes/no?