"Fancy" Battery No Longer Powerful

I have Optima YellowTop D35 battery ($160) since 5/07. Recently if I just play radio (engine off) for just under 10 mins, the car won't start. Is there anything I can do to revive the battery ?

thanks

Reply to
rumpole

rumpole wrote in news:6347ea96-8893-4349-801f- snipped-for-privacy@g26g2000vbi.googlegroups.com:

Have you checked the system's charging voltage while the engine is running? The problem just might lie there instead. You should find about 14.4V. If you find closer to 12.65V-13V, the battery is not being charged properly.

Also check the battery's state-of-charge. Do it this way (engine OFF):

1) turn headlights on for 5-minutes 2) turn lights off again and wait 5-minutes more 3) connect multimeter across battery terminals. You should find 12.65V.
Reply to
Tegger