Fixed check engine Integra 1999

On my 1999 integra there is a plastic container with some hoses going into it that sits under the inside corner of the battery, about six inches down. From (over)filling the battery, acid had dripped down and
eaten a hole in the top of the plastic container. That hole was causing the check engine light to come on.
I don't know to this day what the container is for. I cut out a little triangle of stiff plastic, gobbed some adhesive on there and covered up the hole nice and air-tight. Let it dry for a day, unhooked the battery to re-set the light and fired it back up. That was two weeks ago and the CE light has not come back on since.
oneputtster

Interesting.
Do you know the numeric code that was behind the Check Engine light?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

I don't know that particular car, but a plastic container with hoses toward the front of the car is usually the vapor recovey canister for the fuel system. The hole in the canister would have the same effect as leaving your gas cap off. I would bet that's why the check engine light was on.