Gas gage doesnt read prpoerly on 91 integra+ km/tank any1?

my gas gage never goes up to FULL, not even the line anymore after I fill up..how can i fix the problem?
AND since it doesnt work...i JUST got this car, and the old owner
apparently has no idea how many Kmís the car gets/tank of gas......anyone...help?
‚úĖ

Most likely the sender unit in the gas tank. You can get a repacement from the wreckers.
The sender unit is under the rear seat. The rear seat has a VERY specific removal procedure. Do NOT just pull up the front of the seat cushion; you will wreck the seat!

My '91 gets between 28 and 30mpg (US gallons). The tank holds a total of 13 gallons. The theoretical maximum distance that could be travelled is about 390 miles, or 625km.
Since the Low Fuel light comes on with about roughly three gallons left in the tank, you're more likely to need to fill up after about 300 miles, or 500km.
You may not know this, but it's a *terrible* idea to run the tank down before filling. You should always keep the tank as full as possible all the time. Lots of air space in the tank means lots of water in the tank and lots of corrosion and scale in the tank. All very bad things.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
‚úĖ
Tegger you are awesome! thanks for all the info
today ( i filled up yesterday) the meter went up to full...i dono what the deal is now...i dont trust it iíve been filling up at approx 410-420km, guess thatís ok
"Krissylk" wrote: > my gas gage never goes up to FULL, not even the line anymore > after I fill up..how can i fix the problem? > > AND since it doesnt work...i JUST got this car, and the old > owner apparently has no idea how many Km's the car gets/tank > of gas......anyone...help?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ