HAH! It started!! My NPR car......

I was listening to Click & Clack "The Car Guys" this morn and someone with a slipping fan belt was told to put 'Comet' on the belt by a friend. It worked for him (the abrasive removes the glaze). I actually found some 'Comet' and poured it on the 2 belts I could see. Sonnofabitch started after some cranking, and using gas pedal techniques that used to work with flooded carbs! I took it for a ride around the neighborhood twice. Every dashboard light was on except the water and oil. The only one that concerned me was the battery light. I wonder if the alt is ded. I set up the trickle charger again. Does the light come on when the batt is low (don't think so) or if the battery is not being charged? I could actually go sailing again, but it's going to be in the freakin' 90's for the next few days.

Reply to
finding Z zero

I put it up on Craig's list shortly thereafter, for $650 (hoping to get about $400 for it). It sold within 2 hours for $500 to a guy with a repair shop who will flip it for about $800. We got 3 more calls the same eve. I removed the ad after 3 hours. I told him to give me first dibs at buying it back! I think the alt. is dead. Now that's a job he said will cost him about $150. I'm happy. He's happy. Craig's list is a resource! His buddy said why don't you just bring it to the shop for repair. I thought because he'd charge me alot more than $300 to fix it. We'll see! I gave 5 $100 bills to my daughter to hold while I was turning over the car. I gave her $5 as a holding fee. She's happy as well. Good night and good night.

Reply to
finding Z zero