handsfree link

I have an '04 TL and my handsfree works fine. My wife has an '06 TL and when she receives a call, the caller hears the radio and nothing else, then the call gets dropped. I had deleted and reinstalled the phone from the car but that did not fix it. Is this something that is covered under warranty? (I know - "call the dealer and ask them") Maybe she needs a new handsfree link system??

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Reply to
Eddie G

Eddie G wrote in news:8be256d0-46ec-4a53-a9a6- snipped-for-privacy@d12g2000vbr.googlegroups.com:

I have five articles from Honda having to do with HFL problems. One of these specifically mentions dropped calls (I can send it to you if you wish). But nowhere is there a mention of the odd symptom of the radio being audible to the caller immediately before the call is dropped.

I wish I had more to offer, but calling your dealer may be the only option here. the problem with that is that the dealer may or may not be able to bill Honda for the diagnostics work, and/or may be afraid to ask, so this option might be a non-starter.

Technically, your car may be eligible for a "goodwill" warranty fix, but such things are not certain. But you never know until you ask.

If you want to try the official Honda fixes yourself, I can send you all five docs, and you can play around with it and see if that fixes things.

Reply to
Tegger

Let me make sure I understand this correctly. Your phone works fine in your '04 TL but your wife's phone doesn't work properly in here '06 TL. Is this correct?

If so, have you checked to see if your phone works correctly in her car?

I have an '06 TSX and my Motorola Razr sort of worked. I could receive calls fine, but when I called someone, I could hear them, but apparently the HFL software didn't detect that the person I called had answered, wouldn't connect the call to my phone properly, and the person I called couldn't hear me.

When I got a Motorola smart phone and paired it to the car, it worked properly.

Tegger or someone might know the url to the official Honda/Acura web site that lists cell phones and indicates whether they will work with the car. I'm afraid I don't seem to have the URL. In my case, my Razr was listed as not working but the older Razr was listed as working and the newer one also was listed as working.

HTH,

Bob

Reply to
bob

exactly the situation with my father's AT&T Pantech phone.

Fortunately for him, someone at AT&T knew right away that his phone didn't work well at all with car systems, so they shipped him a Nokia that did.

But keep in mind, that list says the Pantech works--which, technically, it does, but in reality it doesn't. So take the list with a grain of salt.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

We both have the same phone - iphones, which are on the list of phones that work.

Reply to
Eddie G