How Do I Access the AC Fan Housing in a 2006 RSX?

Hi All,

How do I access the AC fan housing in my 2006 RSX? I stopped by the dealer and they implied it wasn't too difficult, but I should have looked where he was pointing more closely (the passenger side footwell). He spoke of nuts, but I don't see any. There is a shield, but what holds it on? Is the cover of the AC housing readily visible when you take that off? Any other advice appreciated.

Oh, all this is because there's a dead mouse in there somewhere! He said the only open access to that area was through the vents below the windshield. Now I know that mice can squeeze through small openings, but though those vents?! Is there another way in?

TIA,

Rocky

Reply to
Rocky

hmmm new model, new car.... how nice of your dealer for NOT being nice enough to help you out there instead of letting you DIY

Reply to
userjohn

There are two air filters behind the glove box -- I bet you'll find your mouse in there. You can free the glove box by popping out the two stoppers on either side to access the filter housing. Those filters fill up with an amazing amount of junk so you'll want to replace them almost annually

-- Russ Panneton snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Nederland, CO "Too bad ignorance isn't painful"

Reply to
Sparky

I don't think the warranty covers dead rodent removal.

Reply to
Yoda

... or "Tragedy Behind The Glove Box"

... or "Does Anybody Want Some Dead Baby Mice?"

... or "Did I forget To Mention I Caught The Mother Mouse OUTSIDE The Car?"

Anyway, thanks Russ, you were spot on. Unfortunately I tried a half assed version of what I thought the tech at Acura was trying to tell me first and broke off all the snappets on the kick shield before I took off the glove box - my bad!

I WILL expect them to give me some replacement snappets.

Rocky, who says: If "Snappet" is not the name of the little plastic 'rivet's that held on the shield then I hereby claim the Trademark!

Reply to
Rocky

On most Honda products you can unplug the fan and remove three screws. Fan falls out on floor and then you can stick a mirror in there to see the little bugger. Dont' use compressed air in case of that disease that's carried in mouse droppings. (can't think of the name).

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

motsco_ wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@interbaun.com: