How low can you go?

Just recently aquired a 1988 Acura Integra, It's in pretty good shape but a few of the most serious issues that seem to arise are

  1. The car has OBVIOSLY been lowered by a do-it-yourselfer, It is so low the catalytic converter is about 3 inches off the ground, when you run over anything larger than a peanut it slams fiercely kind of like when the shocks are bottoming out or something, this is probably the most urgent problem since you can in no way drive it like that,what do I need to do or look for to find the "fix" is it shocks?,do I need to get springs?, what do I look for?

2.when you get up to a higher RPM right before your about to shift, The Charging light up in the top left corner of the dash, and the Headlight motor warning light in the lower left blink briefly at the same time every time, What could that mean?

Thank you for your help! D.C.

-- Message posted using

information at

dabeeo

"dabeeo" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

it's the springs that lower the chassis. you need to go back to OEM springs,and if the shocks were changed,them too.

Maybe a bad engine ground?

Reply to
Jim Yanik

--------------------

Number two sounds like a loose alternator belt. Honda / Acura ones need to be _tight_.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Rlo0C72A87AFB57Ajtdeeenefoce@64.209.0.86:

Jim Yanik did not write that junk.

And my goodness, just look at the length of that Path header. It seems to descend into bogosity at the prodigy.net listings.

Some (surely American) spammer apparently using Prodigy and Korean servers is hijacking threads and identities in many groups, not just this one.

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger wrote in news:Xns9A25D3B539AFBtegger@207.14.116.130:

DAMN right!