ILX - any comments?

"cameo" wrote

Or just find, at my age, that "enough is enough." ;-) I'm no longer an "enthusiast"; I like my comfort-ride.

Reply to
Howard Lester

Yah. :)

And with new cars they tend to rate the autos higher on mileage.

Mostly, you just can't get an Accord with a manual, at all on most models, or not with any variety even when they are theoretically offered. I suppose I could try ordering one to spec, I have no idea if Honda even supports that or how long it would take or if I could talk the dealer into a good price on the deal.

Apparently on the ILX when you get the 2.4 engine it *only* comes with a stick.

But geez, the reviews I'm seeing on the ILX are all pretty blah, or worse.

J.

Reply to
JRStern

Just like when you get a Civic Si it comes *only* with a stick.

Because they're the same car.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

You can put lipstick on a pig, and you can put the Acura symbol on a Civic...

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Aha.

The ILX begs for the turbo four from the RDX or whatever it is, or better yet the screamer from the S2000. The Accord 2.4 is no engine for a sports car, not for the Si either.

Also a reworked suspension and a reworked cabin for better visibility, for starters. And whatever else the list is for the base Civics.

J.

Reply to
JRStern

Me too. Comfort ride and comfort food.

Reply to
cameo

Only in ponderous stop & go traffic.

Reply to
News

"JRStern" wrote

I read the 2013 Accords will have a manual [transmission!] available. Geez, when I first read "you just can't get an Accord with a manual," I thought you were referring to the manual that comes in the glove box...

Reply to
Howard Lester

Accord has always had a manual trans available.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote

Ah yes, and looking at the Honda site I see that that is in the LX and EX, only. Somewhere I'd read people stinking about no manual transmissions available anymore in Accords... thus my previous comment. Wrong again. ;-)

Reply to
Howard Lester

"Howard Lester" wrote

I should clarify: Only LX and EX offer manuals. LX-P, SE, and any of the EX-L or EX V6's offer automatics only.

Reply to
Howard Lester

Typical dealer in Los Angeles will have 0 or 1 actually in stock, out of dozens. I think last time I bought there were maybe 2 within a fifty miles radius, including what, twenty dealerships?

So "available" is what you make of it.

J.

Reply to
JRStern