Integra 91 Brakes

A few months ago I reported that I have replaced the pads on my front brakes in order to correct a problem that exists in the brake cylinders. Rust I knew that wasn't the right solution but it was going to fix the
problem for a few months. Little that I knew that was a very short term solution. The problem is back. Most likely the problem is the result of rust in the wheel cylinders. Question: Does it make sense to remove the cylinders and polish their interior or should I just replace the calipers, including the cylinders?
Thanks for the help
John
John wrote in

You have calipers and pistons. "Cylinders" are used in drum brakes, which you do not have.
I think I told you last the time that the pistons were rusty.
You cannot clean the pistons: the rust will be too deep, and too widespread. The caliper bores will be just fine.
You have a choice: 1) replace the calipers with aftermarket (OEM is no longer available) 2) rebuild the existing calipers with new OEM internal parts.
--
Tegger

I have checked with the local parts supplier for the kit and was told that it is no longer available . After all the car is 20 years old. Cost about $70 for one caliper set excluding the pads that I do not need. I'll do the replacement when I must switch from my Winter tires. Next month .
Thanks Tegger
John
John wrote in

I don't think there ever was any "kit". Not from Honda, anyway. You buy the parts independently. And all the parts ARE still available.

Are you getting two calipers for that $70? If so, either they're really low quality or you're getting quite a deal. One /piston/ alone from Honda is $70.

Good luck. Just be /really/ clean about it. And if you use the pedal-push bleed method, do not allow the pedal to travel any further than it does in normal use.

You're welcome.
--
Tegger