Integra antenna mast stuck

Everything I read tells me that the mast for the power antenna in a 1991 Integra should just lift out, once the retaining nut and bushing are removed. But mine won't move. I can give it a
good tug, but it won't budge. I need to replace it, because the teeth on the original mast are worn.
Has anyone had a similar problem?
--
-----------
Brian E. Clark

According to my factory manual, you remove the mast while extending it by turning the radio switch to ON.
Are you doing that, or just pulling on it?
See if this helps:
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/replace_antenna_mast.jpg
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
said...

I had the radio on, as instructed. It turns out that the mast was just very, very stuck. I trickled some penetrating oil down the base of the mast and waited for a day. Then I gave the mast a series of short, hard tugs. After 30 seconds or so of this, I saw that the mast had risen about a quarter-inch. That told me I was on the right track. Then it was just more of the same, with the mast becomming steadily easier to move as time went on. Eventually it did come out as it should.
Thanks for your help!
-- ----------- Brian E. Clark
Add pictures here
âś–
TeGGeR®

And thanks for the feedback. Too many people never bother. Feedback adds to the Internet's store of knowledge.