Integra GS-R Turbo

Anyone:

Has anyone installed a turbocharger on a Generation 3 (94-01) Integra? Did you have a good experience or was it more trouble or less effective than its worth (cost to purchase)?

Troy

Reply to
Troy Lumley

Check out the forums at:

Jason Wells

Jason Wells wrote in news:h7SJd.15197$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:

Putting a turbo on such a hi-compression motor as the 94-01 GSR would make a motor that requires super-high octane,and may not last very long,or not make a lot more power.I suspect boost would have to be limited.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Of course, compression ratios can be changed... The higher the PSI you desire, the lower the compression ratio pistons you will need.

Reply to
Jason Wells

Jason Wells wrote in news:0QZJd.6684$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com:

The OP appeared to desire a bolt-on application,not go into major motor mods.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I didn't see anything that would indicate a reluctance to change the pistons...

Do you have any idea how common turbos and superchargers are for Hondas? It's really the most cost effective way to make power, after Nos and way cheaper than bolt-on mods dollar/HP.

Reply to
Jason Wells

Jason Wells wrote in news:4wfKd.16846$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:

Some turbo installs ARE bolt-ons(DIY),and some aren't. When you get into changing pistons/rods/heads and internal mechanicals,the costs and trouble go way up.And requires more skills and perhaps specialized tools.

A good guide is the more power,the greater the complexity/difficulty,and cost.The question is;how much and how far is the OP willing to go? Both in terms of desired power,effort,and cost.

Obviously,the OP has not done his research,and instead is looking for opinion on this NG. Not too wise.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Reply to
<spargod

replying to Troy Lumley, Mr. Riddlez wrote: Its been hell with my 91 acura b20b turbo because it's an obd0 which is the worst to run turbo plus my blower just stopped functioning and the blower motor is brand new so dont go turbo

Reply to
Mr. Riddlez