Integra Oil Pan

Need an oil pan for a '91 Integra. I was considering purchasing one online from an Acura parts site instead of from the dealer. Anyone ever purchased an Integra oil pan online?? Suggestions.

Reply to
B.Creech

"B.Creech" wrote in news:47d2b1dd$0$17360 $ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

Try

Or see a list of online suppliers here:

However...

Get a quote from a local Acura dealer. You will likely find that shipping and handling will cause the online price to equal or outweigh the price from a local dealer.

Are you replacing the pan because of rust, or because the drain plug is stripped?

Reply to
Tegger

Factory drain plug is/has been stripped for a long time. My mechanic has replaced the plug with the self threading replacement plug several times. For years now my mechanic known to be gentle with the drain plug. He always cranks the car while on the rack to check for leaks after oil gets hot. After my last oil change last week, he told me I should be thinking about replacing the oil pan since this replacement plug is getting suspect again..... told me to keep and eye on the plug for leaks. He said he had the largest replacement plug he could get in the pan now, was not sure another one would hold.

Oil pan gasket is leaking alot also......been putting off replacing it.

I will check the dealer price before order> "B.Creech" wrote in news:47d2b1dd$0$17360

Reply to
B.Creech

"B.Creech" wrote in news:47d3f9d4$0$6509$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

Honda's recommended fix for the stripped drain plug problem is a Time-Sert threaded insert. This is NOT the same as a Heli-Coil!

A new gasket is a LOT cheaper than a new pan! If you can have the old pan fixed properly with a Time-Sert and a new gasket, you might be able to save quite a bit of money.

Reply to
Tegger