Integra rear side windows

On my 94 Integra,the rear side window trim is warping outward at the rear corner,it now sticks out past the sheet metal.It's at least 3/16 of a inch gap,I don't like it a bit.

I've noticed this on other older Integras,too.The glass itself still appears to be bonded to the body frame. Other than replacing the whole window glass,does anyone have a fix for this?

Dealer tells me the trim is part of the glass assembly,not a separate part.

would aftermarket replacement glass have this trim bonded to it?

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns97D968D4C1C1Ejyanikkuanet@129.250.170.85:

It is.

Windshield urethane. Glue it down. Hold in place with duct tape for a few hours until it cures.

Mmm, not quite. The visible trim IS part of the bonded-in part. BUT, with great care you can unhook the tabs that hold it on. What's probably happened to you is that one or more of the tabs have broken off. Probably mishandling or car washes.

No. That's separate. It's possible there might be aftermarket suppliers of the trim, but I doubt it.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"TeGGeR®" wrote in news:Xns97D9E1DF229FCtegger@207.14.116.130:

It's too stiff for any tape hold it down. It seems like there's metal under the rubberized coating.

Probably hot Florida sun deteriorating the plastic.

Now that's useful data! Thanx.

Reply to
Jim Yanik