Integra "reving" itself?

Hi everyone,
Great newsgroup! Not all trashed up like so many of the others.
I have a 95 Integra and every so often, whenever I turn on the ignition
after its been sitting for a few hours, it begins to kind of "rev" itself up. After a few minutes (5 or so) it smooths out and thats when I shift into gear and go about my business.
It does this no matter if its winter or summer. I've tried using Fuel Injector Cleaner and that seems to help a bit (maybe its just in my head) but it still hasn't gone away fully. Its got about 95K miles on it. Automatic.
This is my first car so I am pretty inexperienced. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks! -RG

Check the coolant level in the radiator (engine cold, of course). It's a Honda/Acura thing, that if the coolant gets a little low in the system the sensors aren't consistently bathed and drive the ECU nuts... which usually shows up as unstable idle.
If the coolant is low, you need to find out why. Oh, come on, you knew you weren't getting away so easily!
Mike
Thanks Mike!
I'll check that out this weekend.
TeGGeR,
I don't really know how else to describe it. The engine revs itself over and over for a few minutes. It sometimes seems to be triggered whenever I park on an incline/decline for a bit. Like I mentioned earlier, this only happens after its been sitting for a few hours.
Thanks. -RG

itself
head)

Do you mean it goes from 1,000 rpm to 2,000 rpm and back again over and over again? Please give the upper and lower rev ranges.
What's the car's maintenance history? (Parts replaced, services, etc)
What work was performed to the car immediately prior to the onset of the problem?
A cycling idle is usually symptomatic of an air leak of some kind, so I'de check for that. If you are new at this, you need an experienced mechanic who understands the system to look at it.
It is unlikely to be a low-coolant problem. If it were, you'd have poor heater output and overheating at idle. Check anyway. You don't need to wait for the weekend. Next time you go to the car (when it's cold), lift the hood and remove the rad cap. Is there fluid right up to the rad cap?
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Can you describe the "revving" in more detail? Your current description is hopelessly vague.