Interior Cleaning/Smoke Smell

Does anyone know what would clean/deodorize a headliner in a 2000 3.2 TL that smells of cigarette smoke?
Also - what's the current thought on using Lexol cleaner/conditioner for the
leather?
Thanks
--
Ron Marraccini

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:20:35 -0700, "Ron Marraccini"

A friend of mine just did it in a Honda CRV he purchased and Febreze seemed to work really well.
I have heard good things about Lexol, but I usually use Meguair's products.
" snipped-for-privacy@akamail.net" <Curtis Newton> wrote in

Yeah, until it wears off. Turn the heat on full blast...
Ron Marraccini wrote:

---------------------------------
NOTHING removes smoke, the stuff that wasn't filtered by the previous owner's lungs is on the inside of the seats, under the dash, inside the door panels, etc.
Every time it rains, you'll know you made a mistake when you bought a smoker's car. :-(
'Curly'

For the smoke smell, if conventional treatments don't do the job you could try "Capture," the damp adsorbant cleaner sold at Sears (in the vacuum cleaner dept) for carpet cleaning. It does a good job deodorizing carpet where dumb pets have peed, so *if* it is safe on the upholtery and headliner it might do the trick. It is a white powder that is pre-dampened with detergent. You would have to experiment with a good way to apply it to the surfaces, then let it dry and vacuum it up.
But try Febreze first.
Mike
On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 13:54:03 -0700, "Michael Pardee"
Absolutely. I don't know what's in that stuff but for getting nasty smells out of fabrics it's *well* worth the $3 or $4 it costs for a bottle.
Hell, I only change my underpants once a week since I've been buying it. :-)
--
Dan.

Humorist Ron Dentinger reported not being able to avoid hearing part of an argument at his neighbor's house. He only caught the man's side of it, but the man wanted to know if he needed to wash his underwear and there was room in the dishwasher, what's the problem?? <8^O
Or the Scoutmaster of my son's old Troop, after half a week at camp: "Okay, today we are going to change our underwear. Billy, you change with Jim. Chuck, change with Jason...."
Mike - returning you now to Prius content. Or at least something more wholesome.

Hmm... Acura content. Beg your pardon - my daughter is having her first baby and I'm distracted....

stop smoking in the car
I use Lexol and like it.