Is a 1988 Acura Integra with a DOHC B18 that has 225,000 miles worth $750?

Is a 1988 Acura Integra 4dr LS with a DOHC B18 that has 225,000 miles worth $750? I drove it and everything, it's strong and pretty fast to be stock and to be that old. The body is in good condition, as well as
the interior. has tinted windows and 16 rims. The only thing wrong with it is the paint job and an exhaust leak. Is $750 a good deal for this car, are Acura's good on high mileage, and Can they be driven hard with that many miles and be able to with stand? Are these cars good on gas?
Add pictures here
âś–

It might be worth $750, but that's not what you'll spend on it once you discover all the other stuff that's bad.
Buy it if you like a project car.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–

The timing belt will have to be replaced immediately if there is no record of when it was replaced.
Mike
Add pictures here
âś–
But would the car be good on gas?
Add pictures here
âś–

In good shape, the car should be capable of between 28 and 30 mpg.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–

That would be with what ratio of highway driving/city driving? My 94 GSR gets ~24 in all-city,but goes to 30mpg for all-highway. I'm a bit of a leadfoot,though.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

A mix.

It's been a long time since my driving consisted of mostly city. When it did, I was around 26mpg.
From May 30 to July 29 of this year, my '91 Integra consumed 101.33 gallons and travelled 3,050.5 miles. That's 30.1 mpg. And that was with nearly 270,000 miles on the clock. Oil consumption is at usual summer levels of about 1,600 miles per quart.
My driving is about 90% highway, most of that at off-peak hours, speeds around 65-85 mph.
Frankly, I find it astonishing that a modern engine could return such good numbers even with elevated mileage. My dad's '50s and '60s cars didn't last half as long before consuming prodigious amounts of fuel and oil.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
Jim Yanik wrote:

Hey would headers an cold air intake from a 88 civic fit my B18?
Add pictures here
âś–

I doubt it,don't Hondas use a D-series motor? and different B-series motors use different manifolds.
"cold air intake" (CAI) does not include a short ram intake;short rams still use hot under-hood air. CAIs usually are much longer and extend through a fender or to the grille area for a source of colder outside air. They are pretty much model specific for that reason.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Some do, some don't.

Guess what? Stock air intakes are ALL "cold air".
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–

If you check the diagram,the Integra intake gets routed BACK into the engine compartment from the fenderwell.so they still suck hot under-hood air,thus NOT "cold-air intakes".
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Cheif wrote:

should come factory with a D16A1 engine.
--
Mauricio raub-kudria-com
(if you need to email me, use this address =)

How much you paying for gas their per liter?
Here in Newfoundland Canada it is $1.25 per liter. (ridiculous eh!)

Add pictures here
âś–

In southern Ontario we're not far off that. Right now, it's about $1.05/liter for regular.