Keep 2003 TL with 30K miles or get a new car....

I have a 2003 TL that is 11 years old. It has 30K miles. Garage kept. T he trade-in value in my area is between 4.5K and 6.5K depending on whether
you believe Edmunds or KBB. I just had to have over 1.7K worth of work do ne to the car because a couple of things went. Due to the age of the car, family members are questioning whether it is really worth keeping the car, or as opposed to buying a new one.
The car is in good condition cosmetically and runs fine. I'm just concern ed that maybe something else big could go, that may cost closer to what the trade-in value is, and then it clearly wouldn't be worth continuing to put money into it rather than get a new car. If that did happen, then how wo uld I get rid of the existing car, if the car broke down, and brought it to Acura and I decided it wasn't worth repairing...and I wanted to get a new car but not be limited to buying a new Acura rather than shop around?
There are couple of people who tell me the low mileage means nothing and it is time to think about getting a new car given the age. The service rep said he would would never tell someone with a car that only has 30K miles that they need to get a new one.
What do you think?
Thanks,
J.
Jay wrote:

Hi, I and family are always Honda/Acura loyalist. If I were you, I'd just keep drivng it until signs_ showing up indicating major work is needed, then sell or trade-in pronto.

...except it's highly likely that the next sign of indicating major work will be his transmission, and that will mean the car is totaled.
He should get rid of it now, to anyone who will buy it.