Leaking strut on 2001 Acura EL 1.7

I took my 2001 Acura EL 1.7 in for regular service (odometer 109,335 Km) and noted that I was hearing a clunking sound from the left-front when going
over small bumps. After the service, I was informed that I had a strut that was leaking badly and that it would need replacing, but that I should really replace both (~ $750 CDN).
Questions: 1. Should a strut need replacing after just over 100,000 Km? 2. Is this normal or a known issue with the Acura EL / Honda Civic? 3. Is this component covered under the 5 year - 100,000 Km warranty? 4. Should this problem have been discovered during the last maintenance (96,000 Km includes inspecting suspension) while still under warranty? 5. Should I replace both? 6. Should I have to pay for this, or ask that the dealer cover it under warranty?
Any other advice would appreciated. Thanks.
--
Henri Fournier

Add pictures here
âś–
<snip>

Learn how to cross-post. Se my reply in the other group.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
On 16 Jan 2006 22:22:10 GMT, TeGGeR® said:

What other group? Cross-posting sucks!
--
"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds
that I don't know the answer."

The OP posted individually to at least three related groups. This means that posters in each group have no idea what others have said in reply and thus cannot learn from the replies.
Crossposting is perfectly acceptable and relevant provided the groups included are related to the subject. Crossposting is NOT synonymous with spam, whatever the ill-informed may think.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
On 16 Jan 2006 22:49:14 GMT, TeGGeR® said:

Ok. So what about those leaking struts, then?
--
"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds
that I don't know the answer."
âś–
Venture Rider <dontbother> wrote in

See the problem here? A correctly crossposted message would have been updated in all the places it was posted.
Go check my lengthy reply in alt.autos.honda. I'm not going to repeat myself here.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–

As admirable as your aims are, you may want to resist the temptation to post follow up replies to people like Vacant Railer, who didn't understand the perfectly clear explanation you gave in the first place and who, quite frankly, is never likely to "get it."
It's as productive as arguing with a top-poster about his habit. It's also like beating your head on a brick wall, it only feels good when you *stop* doing it.
--
Dan.

Add pictures here
âś–
On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 19:42:52 -0500, Dean Dark said:

Huh?
--
"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds
that I don't know the answer."
âś–
On 17 Jan 2006 00:22:22 GMT, TeGGeR® said:

I think I'll go look it up in Google, then.
--
"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds
that I don't know the answer."
âś–

Sorry, groups I normally use do not want/allow cross-posting.
-- Henri
Add pictures here
âś–

If these groups are not moderated, then they have no say in whether you cross-post or not. And if they are moderated and disallow cross-posting, then their moderators are not well versed in Usenet protocol.
Bad crossposting is when you crosspost to alt.hose.nozzles, rec.autos.zaporozhets, sci.soap.bubbles, and a dozen other unrelated groups with some sort of rant, troll or brainless query.

Not to be a NetKKKop, but your sig is wrong. You need a space character after the second hash. Look at mine. Good newsreaders will strip off a correctly configured sig on replying.
If you highlight your sig and mine, it will appear as though yours has a space character, but it does not. That's just the CR/LF character.