leather dye

Hi, my '98 Acura driver's seat is showing some wear/cracking that will probably require more that just cleaner/conditioner - I suspect a tint/dye product to fill in the cracks before conditioning.
Has anyone attempted this and if so, where would you purchase the product? We do not have a dealership within 100 miles so stopping to ask there is not an option. Thanks, Sue
On Fri, 6 May 2005 08:57:31 -0400, "SavvySurfer"

local Acura dealer, but they quit carrying it. I have also used Saddle Soap and Mink Oil (shortly after I got the car) and a local leather shop (sells leather goods like boots and saddles and kits to create leather purses and wallets) and they had something that was almost exactly like the Acura Leather cleaner. I would not suggest trying to dye it, though other may not agree. If you get it in time, you may have to live with some of the cracking in the look, but it will keep the color and not crack any further. You will probably have to treat it several times to get it back in to shape. Posted by Rubber Dino